- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 1999
- 4 (1 lb/500 g total) boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 sweet red pepper sliced
- 1 can sliced water chestnut drained
- 1 1/2 cup snow pea trimmed and halved
Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
Add onions to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Whisk together water, soy sauce, ketchup, cornstarch and liquid honey, add and boil for 3 minutes.
Add sweet red pepper and water chestnuts, cover and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in saucepan cook snow peas, covered, for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Return pork and accumulated juices to pan along with the snow peas.