- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 lb short pasta (fusilli, penne or rotini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper diced
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus woody ends snapped off and stalks cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 cup soft goat cheese cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chive for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion for garnish
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and salt and pepper, red pepper and asparagus. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add 2 tbsp (25 mL) chives; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add cheese to pasta and toss well to coat, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining chives.