- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) Minute Rice® Premium Long Grain White Rice
- 20 peeled deveined frozen shrimp , thawed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) ground cumin
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to high; grease grate well. Toss together shrimp, oil, garlic, lime zest and half of the salt. Thread evenly onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; grill for 2 or 3 minutes per side or just until shrimp start to curl and turn pink.
Meanwhile, combine avocado, half of the cilantro, lime juice, cumin and remaining salt; stir into rice. Serve with shrimp skewers. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
1. For a spicy kick, add 1 small seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper to the rice.
2. Stir 1/2 cup (125 mL) thawed frozen peas into the rice if desired.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 460 mg
- Sugars 0 g
- Protein 7 g
- Calories 240
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Total carbohydrate 24 g