(8 months +)
The mild flavour of halibut is always a hit with little ones. The sweetness of the leeks mellows the broccoli's bitterness for a combination great for the whole family.
- Portion size 375 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2009
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks white and light green parts
- 1 cup broccoli floret and stem chopped
- 1/2 cup sodium reduced chicken broth
- 4 oz halibut fillets cut into chunks
MethodIn saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook leeks, stirring often, until very tender, about 5 minutes.
Add broccoli and broth; bring to boil. Sprinkle with halibut; reduce heat, cover and simmer until fish flakes easily when tested, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
In blender or food processor, purée fish mixture until smooth. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
Nutritional facts Per 1 tbsp (15 mL) : about
- Sodium 17 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 13.0
- Total fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Saturated fat 0 g
- Total carbohydrate trace
- Iron 1.0
- Folate 2.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 3.0