You can use other thin fish fillets for this recipe. Try freshwater fish, such as striped bass, North American tilapia or American channel catfish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011
- 4 anchovy fillets minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons drained capers minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 white perch fillets (about 4 oz/115 g each)
MethodStir together anchovies, parsley, shallot, garlic, half of the oil, the capers, lemon juice, hot pepper flakes and pinch of the salt.
Lay perch fillets, fleshy side down, on work surface; spread evenly with filling. Starting from tail end, roll fish up around filling; secure with toothpicks.
Place in lightly oiled baking dish; drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until fish flakes easily when tested, about 20 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 404 mg
- Protein 23 g
- Calories 157.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Potassium 362 mg
- Cholesterol 103 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 2 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 5.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 4.0
- Vitamin C 8.0