There are endless ways to enjoy baked squash. Glaze it with maple and ginger or top it with one of the other variations below.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 2 acorn squashes (each 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 sweet dumpling squash (each 1 lb/500 g)
Maple Ginger Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
Halve and seed squash. Place, cut side down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°F) oven for about 40 minutes or until tender. Turn over; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Maple Ginger Glaze: In microwaveable dish, microwave maple syrup and ginger at High for 10 seconds; brush over squash. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 90.0
- Total fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 24 g