Grilled and lightly dressed summer vegetables are equally delicious when served warm or at room temperature.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2012
- 1 red onion cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 4 sweet peppers cut in 1-inch wide strips
- 2 zucchinis cut lengthwise in 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
MethodBalsamic Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
Skewer onion slices through edges to keep rings intact. Toss half of the balsamic dressing with peppers and zucchini; brush some of the remainder over onions. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Grill, covered, on greased grill over medium-high heat, turning once, until tender and grill-marked, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to platter, peeling skins off peppers if desired; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 197 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 154.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 6.0
- Folate 12.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 21.0
- Vitamin C 210.0