- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : SPLENDA®
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 cans tomato paste divided
- 1 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 3/4 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cups Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke hickory flavoured
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce (plus 1 tsp (5 mL) for spicier sauce)
1. Place oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until translucent (approx 2-3 min.).
2. Mix the bouillon and water until partially dissolved. Add bouillon mixture and all remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Stir well using a wire whisk.
3. Simmer, uncovered, 25-30 min. to allow flavours to meld. Stir frequently. Refrigerate overnight in a non-metallic container. Sauce is best if prepared a day before using. Keeps well, refrigerated, for 1 week.
Nutritional facts Per serving, about:
- Sodium 135 mg
- Calories 15.0
- Total carbohydrate 3 g