This saucy combination of lean steak strips and tender-crisp vegetables takes just minutes in the skillet.
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2007
- 8 oz top sirloin grilling steaks
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (7-1/2 oz/213 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced small zucchini
MethodTrim fat from steak; cut into thin strips. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown steak. Remove and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan; saut?or 1 minute. Add carrots, tomato sauce, beef stock, vinegar, oregano, thyme and pepper; reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are almost tender, about 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms, green pepper and zucchini; simmer, covered, until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Return steak to pan; simmer until hot, about 2 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 952 mg
- Protein 28 g
- Calories 273.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 54 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 20 g
- Iron 34.0
- Folate 19.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 82.0
- Vitamin C 63.0