- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 top round steak (about 1-1/2 lb/680 g)
In large shallow dish, stir together wine, vinegar, sesame and vegetable oils, garlic, ginger, pepper and thyme. Add steak, turning to coat; marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
Place on greased grill, 4 inches (10 cm) from medium-high heat. Grill, brushing with any remaining marinade and turning once, for 10 to 14 minutes or until browned on outside, but pink and juicy inside. Season with salt to taste. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly on the diagonal, across the grain.