- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cup short grain Italian rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 beet peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
- 3 1/2 cups hot vegetable stock
- 2 cups coarsely chopped rapini
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
Add rice; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until evaporated. Stir in beets and half of the stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is almost tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Stir in remaining stock and rapini; cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice and rapini are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in Parmesan cheese.