- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Kelly Riley
- 3/4 lbs thin-cut boneless sirloin steaks trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoons low-sodium steak spice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 lbs mushrooms minced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat Cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz whole wheat baguette
Method1. Rub steak with steak seasoning (1/2 tsp).
2. Heat canola oil (1tsp) in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot (2 minutes).
3. Add steak and cook until well browned (3 min).
4. Turn steak and cook until browned (2 min for medium rare).
5. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Thinly slice steak and set aside.
7. Heat canola oil (1tsp) in skillet over med-high heat.
8. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic and steak seasoning (1/4tsp) and cook until tender (8min).
9. Stir in steak. and top with cheese.
10. Remove skillet from heat, cover and let stand until cheese melts (2min).
11. Cut baguette in half and pull soft center from each half and discard.
12. Spoon steak mixture on bottom half of baguette and cover with top half.
13. Cut into fourths and serve.