- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 slices Vienna bread (1/2 inch/1cm thick)
- 1 clove garlic halved
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 rib eye grilling steaks (8oz/250 g each)
- 2 strip loin steaks (8oz/250 g each)
- 2 tablespoons cracked green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1 green onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons butter
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Rub bread all over with cut side of garlic; brush with 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of the oil. Toast on baking sheet for 10 minutes or until golden.
Meanwhile, trim off all but 1/8 inch (3 mm) fat from steak. Roll edges in peppercorns to coat. In skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook steaks for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until medium-rare inside and browned. Transfer to plate; cover and keep warm.
Add wine and stock; bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits. Boil for about 1 minute or until reduced by half. Remove from heat. Stir in red pepper, shallot, butter and any juices accumulated on plate. Cut steaks in half; place on cro?. Pour sauce over top.