- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 sweet red peppers chopped
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, carrots, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, black beans and red peppers; cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 40 minutes.
In bowl, combine avocados, onion, coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper. Dollop onto each serving.