- Portion size 36 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2010
- 12 speck (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 12 prosciutto (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 12 smoked ham (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 18 sour gherkin pickles halved lengthwise
- 5 oz Bleu Bénédictin cheese at room temperature
- 5 oz ermite cheese at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
MethodCheese Biscuits: In large bowl with fork, mash cheese with butter until smooth. Mash in egg yolk. With spoon, stir in caraway seeds; stir in flour until completely incorporated. With hands, press into smooth ball.
On work surface, roll dough into 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) diameter log; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
Cut dough into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices; place, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until edges and bottoms are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pan on rack for 2 minutes. Transfer biscuits to rack; let cool.
Cut speck slices crosswise into thirds; arrange 1 on each biscuit. Top with gherkins.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 231 mg
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 63.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Potassium 32 mg
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 4 g
- Iron 2.0
- Folate 5.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 3.0