Summer's favorite couple - blueberry & lemon! This recipe is so light and refreshing, truly a summer delight!
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Julie Stas
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs separated, at room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen, toss with 1 tbsp of dry ingredients)
MethodPreheat oven 350°F (180°C) Butter 2 8- x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pans.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine flour, lemon peel, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir into butter mixture alternatively with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir in the lemon juice. Fold in the blueberries.
Divide batter between the two pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean (about 55 minutes). Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely before serving.