- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2013
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 green onions (white and light green parts only), sliced, (also slice dark tops set aside)
- 8 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
MethodIn large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-high heat until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
Drain all but 1 tsp fat from pan. Cook garlic and 6 green onions (white and light green parts only) until softened, about 1 minute.
Stir in cabbage and, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add sodium-reduced chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, half of the bacon and the dark tops of the green onion; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining bacon.