- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 2 lbs skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 gingerroot (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ground cloves
- ground pepper
- 6 cups coarsely chopped bok choy (6 to 8 stalks bok choy) or baby bok choy, about 1 lb/500 g (1.5 L)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
In shallow Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches if necessary. Spoon off fat.
Add stock, soy sauce, sugar, two-thirds of the onions, the garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and pepper; bring to boil. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Increase heat to high and return chicken mixture to boil. Stir in bok choy; cook for 2 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tsp water; add to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened and bok choy is tender-crisp. Serve sprinkled with remaining green onions.