Milk chocolate lightens the flavour of this silky dark sauce to make a rich and satisfying treat. For a booze-free sauce, use milk and 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla instead of brandy.
- Portion size 500 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2007
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 oz milk chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small cubes
MethodIn small saucepan, bring cream, brandy and sugar to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Whisk in chopped bittersweet and milk chocolates until smooth.
Whisk in butter until smooth. (Make-ahead: Let cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat over double boiler or in microwave.)
Nutritional facts Per 1 tbsp 15 mL : about
- Sodium 11 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 90.0
- Total fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 14 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 4.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 4.0