Bake Fest 2009
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Bake Fest 2009
- 1/2 cup Gay Lea Spreadables® Butter
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 12 thick slices raisin bread
- 12 thick slices egg bread
- 6 Naturegg�?� Omega 3 Eggs
- 1 cup 5% cream
- 1/4 cup BeeHive® Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Method1. Butter 9-inch square or 11- x 7-inch (2 L) baking dish; set aside. Blend 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter with sugar until well combined. Spread the mixture thickly over one side of each slice of bread; sandwich the slices. Halve sandwiches diagonally.
2. Arrange sandwiches, one point side up, in prepared dish. Whisk together eggs, cream, corn syrup and vanilla until combined. Pour evenly over bread, spooning the egg mixture over each piece to coat bread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Cover and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer or until browned.