Hearty and filling fare for hungry families.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (15 l) Field Meal Chili recipe
- 8 cups (2 l) baked tortilla chip
- 2 cups (500 ml) light sour cream
- 3 cups (750 ml) Cheddar cheese
MethodSee recipe for Field Meal Chili
Reserving juice for another use, drain tomatoes well; set aside.
Spread 3 cups (750 mL) of the chili in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Sprinkle 3 cups (750 mL) of the chips over chili. Spoon 1 cup (250 mL) of the sour cream over chips. Spoon tomatoes over sour cream.
Layer with remaining sour cream, chips, then chili. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 1103 mg
- Protein 36 g
- Calories 671.0
- Total fat 35 g
- Cholesterol 89 mg
- Saturated fat 16 g
- Total carbohydrate 55 g
- Iron 31.0
- Folate 27.0
- Calcium 51.0
- Vitamin A 28.0
- Vitamin C 33.0