Serve this zesty stir-fry with rice noodles or steamed rice. If you don't have any peppers in your fridge, use 2 cups chopped broccoli or zucchini instead.
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2013
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow peppers cut in chunks
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cup Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews chopped
MethodWhisk together broth, 3 tbsp water, oyster sauce, chili-garlic sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
In large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry peppers and onion until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
Add pork and garlic; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broth mixture; cook, tossing to coat, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with cashews.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 734 mg
- Sugars 10 g
- Protein 25 g
- Calories 379.0
- Total fat 22 g
- Cholesterol 71 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 23 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 15.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 34.0
- Vitamin C 330.0