- Portion size 4 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 strips bacon chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can white kidney bean drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken; shake to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over, about 10 minutes. Remove to plate; set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add celery, bacon, rosemary, thyme and salt ; cook for 1 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add reserved flour mixture.
Stir in tomatoes and beans; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Serve sprinkled with bread crumbs and parsley.