Go for protein by slipping a smoked turkey or ham sandwich into your morning routine. Using the waffle iron makes it a breeze to cook and gives it a fun-to-eat texture.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- 4 slices smoked turkey breast (6 oz/175 g)
- 4 slices smoked ham (6 oz/175 g)
- 4 large slices tomatoes (optional)
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese (4 oz/125 g)
Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange 4 of the slices, butter side down, on plate or waxed paper. Spread with mustard (if using).
Top with turkey, tomato (if using) and cheese. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.
In electric sandwich grill or square waffle iron, cook sandwiches on medium-high, 1 or 2 at a time, for about 4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. (Alternatively, cook in skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or in 350°F/180°C toaster oven for about 2 minutes per side.)
Nutritional facts <b>Per sandwich:</b> about
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 360.0
- Total fat 18 g