- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 mini red potatoes halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup sliced leek (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup packed trimmed fresh spinach julienned
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheez Whiz melted
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chive
MethodIn large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook potatoes, salt and pepper until tender but firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add leeks, mushrooms, red pepper and garlic; cook until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
In bowl, lightly beat eggs; whisk in Cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the Cheez Whiz. Pour over vegetable mixture in skillet; cook until side is set and centre is still slightly runny, about 7 minutes, lifting edge occasionally to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
Drizzle with remaining Cheez Whiz; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil until brown and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and sprinkle with chives.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 1102 mg
- Protein 24 g
- Calories 416.0
- Total fat 29 g
- Potassium 479 mg
- Cholesterol 408 mg
- Saturated fat 11 g
- Total carbohydrate 17 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 36.0
- Calcium 32.0
- Vitamin A 36.0
- Vitamin C 65.0