Served over steaming rice, this soft-set egg-and-chicken dish is the ultimate quick and comforting dinner.
- Portion size 3 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2009
- 3 eggs
- pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 2 green onions cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups lightly packed watercress leaves optional
- 1 1/2 cup hot cooked rice
MethodIn bowl, beat eggs with pepper; set aside.
In measuring cup, whisk together 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, mirin, soy sauce and sugar; set aside.
In nonstick skillet, sprinkle onion evenly over pan; top with chicken, green onions, mushrooms, and watercress (if using). Pour soy sauce mixture over top; cover and simmer over medium heat until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour eggs over chicken; cover and simmer on low heat until lightly set, about 30 seconds. Serve over rice.
Nutritional facts Per each of 3 servings: about
- Sodium 534 mg
- Protein 25 g
- Calories 341.0
- Total fat 9 g
- Potassium 464 mg
- Cholesterol 250 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 37 g
- Iron 14.0
- Folate 21.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 9.0
- Vitamin C 7.0