To butterfly a chicken breast, hold knife horizontally and cut chicken in half almost but not all the way through; open like book.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011
- 2 chicken breasts butterflied
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/3 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 oz whole wheat spaghettini
- 12 oz whole wheat capellini
- 5 cups baby spinach (about 142 g)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 90 g)
MethodSprinkle chicken with half each of the salt and pepper. In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown and cook chicken until no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; cut into pieces.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook onion over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Return chicken and any juices to pan; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid.
Toss in spinach, chicken mixture and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 572 mg
- Protein 24 g
- Calories 398.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Potassium 515 mg
- Cholesterol 43 mg
- Saturated fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 49 g
- Iron 24.0
- Folate 24.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 34.0
- Vitamin C 22.0