This deliciously healthy stir-fry is packed with flavourful veggies. Serve with lime wedges for an extra dose of acidity.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2013
- 4 teaspoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 225 g boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chopped stemmed Swiss chard (about 1 bunch)
- 1 sweet yellow pepper sliced
- 170 g soba noodles
- 4 cups snow peas
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
MethodIn small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil; set aside. In large nonstick skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, ginger and garlic, stirring often, until chicken is light golden, about 3 minutes.
Stir in Swiss chard and yellow pepper; stir-fry until chard starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook soba noodles according to package directions; drain. Add noodles to skillet along with snow peas and soy sauce mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutritional facts per serving: about
- Fibre 5 g
- Sodium 417 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 24 g
- Calories 310.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 33 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 42 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 20.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 47.0
- Vitamin C 143.0