- Portion size 12 servings
- 4 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 package pearl onion (about 4 cups/1L) peeled
- 2 sweet yellow pepper diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (28 ounces/796 mL each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup slivered dry-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cans (14 ounces/398 mL each) artichoke heart drained and cut_in thirds
- pinch granulated sugar
- 1 cup chilled fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated orange rind
- 4 cloves garlic minced
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cut chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. In Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken in batches, adding a bit more oil if necessary, and transferring browned pieces to large bowl.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook onions and diced yellow peppers, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, seasoning, anchovy paste, artichoke hearts, chicken with any accumulated juices and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Divide chicken mixture between two 12-cup (3 L) shallow casseroles. (Make ahead: Refrigerate until cool, cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
Bake casseroles, covered with foil, in oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Orange Gremolata: In small bowl, stir together parsley, orange rind and garlic. (Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.) Sprinkle over casseroles before serving.