Bits of red pepper and cucumber, and chunks of peaches and chicken, all tossed together with fluffy rice, make a delicious low-fat, make-ahead dish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 2/3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup long-grain rice
- 3 cups cubed cooked chickens
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 peaches peeled and cubed
- 2 nectarines peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup cubed English cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 leaves leaf lettuce
In bowl, whisk together yogurt, mint, basil, minced garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; cover and refrigerate dressing for at least 1 hour or for up to 24 hours.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring 2/3 cup (150 mL) lightly salted water to boil; stir in rice. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Transfer to large bowl, fluffing with fork; refrigerate until cooled.
Add chicken, peaches, cucumber, red pepper and dressing to rice; gently stir to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates.
Nutritional facts Per Serving, about:
- Protein 9 g
- Calories 315.0
- Total fat 23 g
- Total carbohydrate 34 g