This recipe, which she first tasted in France, brings the magic of Provence to any party.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed (2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- 1 lb white mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In large skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in 3 batches and adding a little more of the oil if necessary.
Return all chicken to pan; stir in marjoram, thyme, rosemary, pepper and fennel seeds. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to ovenproof casserole dish.
Add remaining oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring, for 7 minutes or until starting to brown.
Whisk flour into stock; add to pan along with wine and any juices from chicken in dish. Bring to boil over high heat; boil for 7 minutes.
Add green onions; boil for 1 minute longer or until reduced to about 2 cups (500 mL).
Stir into chicken mixture. (Dish can be cooled in refrigerator and stored for up to 24 hours; reheat in 350ºF/180ºC oven for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Or microwave at Medium-High/70% for about 5 minutes.) Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 290 mg
- Protein 35 g
- Calories 243.0
- Total fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 82 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 8.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 2.0
- Vitamin C 7.0