- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Jodi Borneman
- 12 oz rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea halved
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
MethodBring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the rotini for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender but firm.
Combine the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 tbsp cornstarch, garlic and ginger together in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Dust the chicken cubes with 3 tbsp of the cornstarch.
Spray a wok or large non stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over the medium high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes or until browned but not yet cooked through. Add the red and yellow bell peppers, snow peas and sesame seeds. Cook for 3 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through and the vegetables are tender crisp.
Add the sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Toss the pasta with the chicken vegetable mixture in a large serving bowl.