- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup drained rinsed canned chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In small saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, salt, pepper, chickpeas, raisins and cumin stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
Pour in vegetable stock; bring to boil. Stir in couscous . Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Add feta cheese and parsley; fluff with fork.