- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2010
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 bag (10 oz/284 g) pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
MethodOn baking sheet, broil red peppers, turning occasionally, until blackened all over, about 12 minutes. Remove to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, seed and cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) wide strips. Set aside.
In saucepan of boiling water, blanch onions for 1 minute; drain and rinse under cool water. Peel and transfer to skillet. Add oil and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water; bring to boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains and onions are tender and golden, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with half of the salt.
Add reserved peppers, chickpeas and artichokes; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
Toss with parsley, oil, vinegar, lemon rind, lemon juice, pepper and remaining salt.
Nutritional facts Pper serving: about
- Sodium 348 mg
- Protein 7 g
- Calories 266.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Potassium 457 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 30 g
- Iron 16.0
- Folate 40.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 18.0
- Vitamin C 133.0