- Portion size 75 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2001
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
In small bowl, stir together ingredients.
For every 4 servings (1 lb/500 g boneless or 1-1/2 lb/750 g bone-in meat or poultry, or 1 lb/500 g fish), rub with 2 tbsp (25 mL) spice mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 12 hours.
For shorter preparation time, brush food with mixture of 4 tsp (20 mL) spice mix, 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil and 1 clove garlic, minced, for every 4 servings; let stand for 5 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Store dry spice mixes in airtight containers for up to 6 months.