Marinades are acid-oil blends that not only flavour but also tenderize.
- Portion size 150 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2006
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
MethodCombine parsley, olive oil, vinegar, water, onion, garlic, jalapeño and salt.
For 4 to 6 servings boneless skinless chicken breasts, pork tenderloins or salmon fillets (1-1/2 lb/750 g), add to marinade; cover and refrigerate salmon for 30 minutes, chicken and pork for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate chicken and pork for up to 24 hours.)