- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Jodi Borneman
- 3/4 cups beef stock
- 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 12 oz boneless grilling steaks such as rib-eye or sirloin
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 1/2 cup snow pea
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews toasted and chopped
MethodTo make the sauce, whisk the stock, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic and giner in a bowl. Set aside.
Spray a large non stick skillet with cooking oil and place over high heat. When it's hot, brown the beef for 3 minutes, or until it's browned but still rare. Remove from the pan, let it rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
Re-spray the pan, heat the vegetable oil, then add the broccoli, red pepper and snow peas. Cook for 3 minutes. Return the beef to the pan. Stir the sauce and add it to the pan. Stir fry for 2 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and bubbly and the beef is done to your liking. Be careful not to overcook it.
Place on a serving platter and garnish with parsley, green onion and cashews.