You can substitute field cucumbers in this spicy soup, but be sure to seed them. Tote the soup to the picnic in a chilled flask and pack the garnish separately.
- Portion size 6 servings
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups vegetable cocktail
- 2 tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper cut_in chunks
- 2 cups chopped peeled English cucumbers
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt optional
- sweet yellow pepper
- sweet green pepper
- green onion
In blender or food processor, puree juice, tomatoes, red pepper and cucumber until smooth. Stir in hot pepper sauce, pepper, and salt (if using). Just before serving, garnish with chopped cucumber, yellow and green pepper and green onion.