This bold dressing—which is also great on chicken, halibut or tilapia—gives tofu a burst of flavour that's enhanced on the grill. For a milder flavour, omit the jalape?o.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2014
- 1 pkg firm tofu drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons liquid honey
- half jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups lightly packed mixed baby greens
- 1 cup cherry tomato halved
- 1 carrots shredded
MethodCut tofu into 12 scant 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Sprinkle tofu with a pinch of the salt; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, jalape?o, garlic, chili powder, pepper and remaining salt. Stir in cilantro, green onions and oil.
Brush tofu all over with 1/4 cup of the dressing. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until golden and heated through, 6 to 8 minutes. Top with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
Toss together baby greens, cherry tomatoes, carrot and remaining dressing. Serve with tofu.