This is sheer elegance in its simplicity. You'll need about a box of coarse salt for an oyster bed.
- Portion size 18 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2007
- 18 oysters on the half shell
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons cognac or brandy
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Gruyere cheese
MethodSpread 3 cups (750 mL) coarse salt on rimmed baking sheet; nestle oysters into salt. Set aside.
In bowl, combine butter, minced shallots, cognac, chopped tarragon and pepper; spoon over oysters. Sprinkle with Gruyère cheese.
Broil oysters until cheese is bubbly and light golden, about 4 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 46 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 37.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 11 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 6.0
- Folate 1.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 2.0
- Vitamin C 2.0