This is a green olive twist on the classic pimiento cheese filling.
- Portion size 32 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded extra old Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed green olive drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 16 thin slices white bread
- 16 thin slices whole wheat bread
MethodIn bowl, beat cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth; stir in Cheddar cheese, olives, parsley and pepper.
Spread butter over bread; spread filling evenly over 8 of the slices. Top with remaining slices, pressing lightly.
Place on baking sheet and cover with damp tea towel; cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.) Trim off crusts. Cut each sandwich into 4 squares or triangles.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 172 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 106.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Potassium 33 mg
- Cholesterol 18 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 7.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 6.0