Pull couscous and a couple of cans from your shelf to whip up into an interesting dish. Then serve with sliced tomatoes and warm pita bread for a quick and delicious whole-meal salad.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dry-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 3/4 cups crumbled feta cheese (about 5 oz/140 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sliced black olive rinsed and drained
Place couscous and sun-dried tomatoes in heatproof bowl. Add boiling water; stir once, then cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
In measuring cup, whisk together oil, lemon juice, mint, vinegar, oregano, and pepper; stir into warm couscous.
Top with artichoke hearts, feta cheese, parsley and olives; stir gently to combine.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 753 mg
- Protein 14 g
- Calories 412.0
- Total fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 33 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 48 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 37.0
- Calcium 23.0
- Vitamin A 11.0
- Vitamin C 27.0