Fine-ground coffee in the spice rub adds richness and depth to these tender rib eyes. For best results, choose thick steaks (about 1 inch/2.5 cm) with the most marbling and the brightest red colouring. Our BBQ Veggie Packets are a great side dish to this succulent main.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2014
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon each paprika and chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fine-ground coffee bean
- 2 rib eye grilling steaks (about 450 g total), cut in 4 portions
MethodIn bowl, stir together brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, coffee, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; rub all over steaks. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional facts PER SERVING: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 372 mg
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 43 g
- Calories 375.0
- Total fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 100 mg
- Saturated fat 8 g
- Total carbohydrate 3 g
- Iron 39.0
- Folate 5.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 5.0
- Vitamin C 2.0