Many fishmongers and grocery-store fish departments sell containers of cleaned cooked crab claw meat, which saves tons of prep time and tastes ultrafresh. You'll find tubes of ready-to-serve wasabi near other sushi ingredients.
- Portion size 45 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2013
- 1 tub (212 g) pasteurized crab claw meat (such as Phillips)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 sweet red pepper finely diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cucumber cut in 1/4-inch thick slices (about 45 slices)
- Lime wedges
MethodPlace crabmeat in sieve; pick through and remove any cartilage or shell.
In bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil and wasabi; gently stir in crabmeat, avocado, green onion, red pepper, salt and pepper.
Spoon about 1 tbsp crabmeat mixture onto each cucumber slice; arrange on platter. Garnish with lime wedges.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 51 mg
- Sugars trace
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 16.0
- Potassium 51 mg
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 1.0
- Folate 3.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 7.0