Taking a cue from classic risotto-style cooking, this simple and delicious pasta dish puts the spotlight on Quebec's goat cheese and parmesan producers. The recipe is ideal for smaller get-togethers with friends or family.
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- Total time 45 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 pkg. (340 g) Catelli® Smart Bows
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon (15 g) butter
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 g) frozen peas ( or fresh, depending on the season)
- 1/4 cup (60 g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- 3/4 cups (185 g) goat cheese, unripen
- 1/2 bunch chives, chiseled
- 2 tablespoons (20 mL) olive oil, for serving
Recipe courtesy of the Catelli 150th Anniversary Recipe Collection—celebrating 150 years young with Canada.
In a large Wok-style pan, sweat onion in butter, at low heat. Add uncooked pasta and coat with butter.
In a large pot, heat chicken broth over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Add broth to pan, just covering pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce, then add more hot broth, just covering pasta. Repeat previous step until noodles are cooked. You may need more than a liter of broth. If needed, continue with hot water. Season to taste.
Add peas and cook 30 seconds more. Remove from heat, add parmesan and goat cheese. Serve in a deep dish.
As a finishing touch, drizzle olive oil over dish and add chiselled chives.