This cool, refreshing salad makes a great side dish for grilled fish or chicken on a sultry summer night.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
MethodHalve cucumber lengthwise; seed and thinly slice crosswise. Place in bowl.
Peel and halve carrot; thinly slice crosswise and add to cucumber. Add radish and onion.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; add to cucumber mixture and toss to coat.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 256 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 135.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Potassium 280 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 9.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 25.0
- Vitamin C 13.0