Transform leftover bread into a delightful all-in-one brunch with this quick and easy recipe. If you're a fan of savoury-and-sweet combinations, leftover traditional panettone is a delicious option.
- Portion size 12 servings
- 12 thin slices ham
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cups whipping cream (35%)
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 cups torn soft bread such as egg bread or brioche
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or basil
- pinch hot pepper flakes
MethodArrange 1 slice ham in each of 12 lightly greased wells of muffin tin, leaving overhang; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper until well combined. Add bread; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in Cheddar, parsley and hot pepper flakes. Pour 1/3 cup into each well filling to just below the edge.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until set and golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin tin.