Firm, thin sandwich bread is ideal for these party pleasers. They look prettiest when the bread is cut before topping. However, for speedier prep, top the whole slices, then bake and cut into triangles.
- Portion size 28 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2011
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 2 green onions finely diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 slices white sandwich bread
- 7 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
MethodIn bowl, stir together chicken, mayonnaise, celery, green onions, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper.
On baking sheet, broil bread for 1 minute. Turn over and cut each into 4 triangles.
Divide chicken mixture among triangles; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 105 mg
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 59.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Potassium 46 mg
- Cholesterol 13 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 3.0
- Folate 5.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 1.0