Here's a quick dish for a sultry summer night from our August 2004 "20-minute Supper" story. You can serve this salad on individual plates or attractively arrange it on a large platter.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2004
- 8 new potatoes quartered
- 1 jar (14 oz/398 ml) marinated artichoke heart quartered
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 leaves boston lettuce
- 1 bag (340 g) frozen cooked peeled deveined shrimp thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 black olives thinly sliced
In pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until tender, 10 minutes. Drain and place in large bowl; add artichokes.
In small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, half of the lemon juice, the curry paste, salt and pepper. Scrape over potato mixture; toss to combine. Divide among lettuce cups.
In small bowl, toss shrimp with remaining lemon juice, half of the chives and the oil; divide over potato mixture. Sprinkle with olives and remaining chives.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 1215 mg
- Protein 26 g
- Calories 530.0
- Total fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 172 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 70 g
- Iron 46.0
- Folate 36.0
- Calcium 9.0
- Vitamin A 9.0
- Vitamin C 82.0