Watch the Canadian Living Test Kitchen's video: Chicken skewers with a twist!
- Portion size 24 servings
- 1 1/4 lb chicken cutlet
- 24 cubes golden pineapple
Curry Citrus Marinade:
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mild curry paste
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Method1. Curry Citrus Marinade: In glass bowl, whisk together orange rind and juice, lemon juice, ginger, curry paste, honey, salt and cayenne pepper; set aside.
2. Between plastic wrap, pound chicken to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness; cut crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide strips. Add to marinade and toss to coat; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Weave chicken onto 24 soaked 4-inch (10 cm) wooden skewers; thread pineapple cube onto each end.
4. Place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 45 mg
- Protein 5 g
- Calories 35.0
- Total fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 14 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 2 g